Value chain and economic impact analysis of the geothermal energy development in Flanders
In the framework of GETHERMIE 2020, an EFRO-financed project, IDEA Consult analyses the economic impact of geothermal energy development in Flanders. Aspects investigated are the contribution of geothermal energy development to additional turnover, value added creation and jobs, particularly in the region of the Kempen and Flanders as a whole.
The study provides:
- A structured inventory of of the complete value chain in relation to deep geothermal energy recovery.
- An inventory of the major domestic and foreign stakeholders in this value chain.
- A methodology to assess in a quantitative manner the economic impact of geothermal activities in the region of the Kempen and Flanders.
- The evaluation of various development scenarios.
- An assessment of the potential role of an active geothermal energy cluster in a wider international context.