Support to the management of the Smart Specialisation Community of Practice
The S3Community of Practice will support and animate the Smart Specialisation Platform and the Thematic partnerships therein and will work on building the resulting Community of Practice.
The S3 Community of Practice should support the achievement of increased knowledge capitalisation and capacity of S3 stakeholders to develop and implement S3 strategies, as well as to initiate and /or bring to fruition thematic interregional innovation partnerships and projects.
The role of the S3 Community of Practice is to ensure an integrated support system to S3 practitioners at regional, national, and European level, tailored to reach the following objectives:
- Provide a main point of contact for the community of S3 practitioners and engage the S3 stakeholders in fruitful interactions
- Operate the S3 CoP website, social media, and organise events for the S3 community
- Ensure the flow and accessibility of information and knowledge on S3 generated through the analytical, advisory, and technical support, expert database, and communication activities.
- Facilitate three Working Groups on the RIS3 enabling condition key aspects (Innovation Diffusion, Industrial Transformation, Interregional Cooperation)
- Establish an Expert Group and provide ad-hoc analytical support for the development of the S3 concept
- Provide technical assistance, learning tools and advice to S3 stakeholders, in support of the design and / or implementation of S3, and /or relate to the thematic enabling condition “Good governance of national or regional Smart Specialisation Strategy”
- Provide secretariat support and animation services to S3 thematic platforms (TSSPs), as well as technical assistance to S3 thematic partnerships.
IDEA Consult collaborates with Technopolis Group (lead partner) EFIS, Opix, CIVITTA, Old Continent, Teamwork, Vanguard Initiative, 4FRONT, ERRIN and the University of Brighton, and will lead the working group on Interregional Cooperation. IDEA Consult will also lead the work on animating the Thematic platforms (TSSPs) and will coordinate and provide support to the thematic partnerships.