An in-depth study of service cheques
Given the importance of service cheques and a possible trend towards further growth, this study takes a closer look at the market for service cheques in Belgium. Ever since the system was regionalised, we have lost a general overview of this system at national level: in-depth knowledge of the parties involved is lacking and a map of the system's impact at a macroeconomic level does not exist.
More specifically, in this study we examine the following aspect:
- The demand side of the Belgian market: In particular the users and potential users of service cheques. This examines the user's profile, their purchasing habits, changes to user behaviour, the reasons for calling on domestic help and more specifically the service cheques, the use of other services in addition to service cheques, level of satisfaction with the service cheques, potential growth in demand and last but not least price elasticity.
- The supply side of the Belgian market: In particular household help and service cheque companies. The profile and evolution of these participants as well as the profitability of service cheque companies are examined in more detail.
- The costs and benefits of service cheques: The system's impact at macroeconomic level is mapped out and the costs and benefits of the system are calculated.
- SWOT analysis of service cheques: Based on all the information collected in the previous chapters, a SWOT analysis of the service cheques system is drawn up
- Taking inspiration from other systems: Other practices are analyses that may inspire the Belgian service cheques system.
- Possible changes to the system: Possible changes to the system are tested by users.
- Conclusions and recommendations: The final chapter brings together the most important conclusions and recommendations from this study.