Advanced Technologies for Industry
The study is pursuing the following main objectives:
- Aligning the monitoring and analysing activities of the KETs Observatory, the Digital Transformation Monitor and other related monitors with the goal of ensuring better coherence and comparability.
- The KETs Technology Centres need to be reviewed and mapped to provide a clear and coherent overview.
- The digital transformation and industrial modernization mapping of cities and regions needs to be integrated and reviewed in the updated methodology. The topic of innovative ecosystems within these cities/regions are a major topic.
- A set of statistical tools should be provided to provide relevant stakeholders with reliable, regularly updated and comprehensive data and analysis.
- The data and analysis should be presented, published and reported in a clear and coordinated manner, which highlights the importance of technological and digital transformation.
- Provide analytical and operational support to the Strategic Forum on Important Projects of Common European Interest (IPCEIs).
This project is developed in the context of the European strategies for Key Enabling Technologies (KETs) and Digitising European Industry (DEI). It aims at updating, expanding and developing the databases and activities of several monitoring tools launched by the European Commission in recent years: namely the KETs Observatory, the inventory and mapping of KETs Technology Centres, and the Digital Transformation Monitor (DTM) Digital Transformation Scoreboard and the mapping of cities of digital transformation for the time period 2018-2020. This project also provides analytical and operational support to the Strategic Forum for Important Projects of Common European Interest (IPCEI). Finally, the project aims at creating stronger synergies between the above mentioned tools while ensuring their continuous operation and extending their outreach. Within this project, IDEA Consult is responsible for the update of the KETs Observatory, KETs technological centres, the Digital Transformation Monitor and Scoreboard, and the IPCEI Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). Key reports developed in the context of the project include for Sector Watch reports, highlighting the uptake of advanced technologies in certain sectors, as well as Product Watch reports, looking at advanced technologies in specific value chains. For more details, as well as access to the reports, please see: https://ati.ec.europa.eu/