Strategy & Organisation
A good policy starts with a strong strategy and clear objectives. Then we ask ourselves which organisation we require for their achievement, and which partnerships we will enter into.
Below is a summary of the areas in which IDEA administrations have already been providing advice in previous years.
- How do we arrive at a clear mission and vision for our organisation?
- Which core tasks do we put our efforts into?
- What do we do ourselves, what do we contract out?
- What is the best organisation model to achieve our objectives?
- How do we arrange our services? (counters, e-gov, backoffice, channels, ...)
- How do we enhance ‘directing’? How do we differentiate our directing per policy area?
- What about new insights such as flat organisation, self-managed teams, talent management, etc.?
- How do we form a complementary tandem policy administration?
Management in partnership: cooperation and scale
- Which partners do we need to obtain sustainable results? How do we involve our stakeholders?
- Which aspects of our policy do we organise on an intermunicipal basis? How do we keep a hold on the intermunicipal ties?
- Can a merger bring us advantages as a local authority? What are the disadvantages and preconditions?
- How do we arrive at better inter-administrative cooperation (working in chains, area programmes, ...)?
- How can participation and co-creation be given shape within our administration?