Policy makers play a key role in shaping the working environment in which cultural actors operate. IDEA Consult works with them at all policy levels (local, regional, European) and in all phases of policy development and monitoring, to inspire the development of forward-looking policy frameworks for culture.
With our market exploration studies and trend analyses we keep our finger on the pulse for policy makers and try to detect which important evolutions influence how cultural organisations organise themselves, how governments develop policy instruments, collaborate, etc. Think of demographic developments, user trends, cultural participation, social media and cultural experience ...
Through our monitoring and evaluation activities, we support policy makers to develop an effective policy framework and policy instruments for culture, to consider this critically and to adjust it where necessary.
Moreover, from our multidisciplinary perspective, we encourage policy makers to look beyond the walls of their own policy authority in order to increase the impact that culture can have. After all, art, culture and heritage give colour and identity to cities, municipalities and regions in many ways: as breeding grounds for creativity and innovation, as facilitators of meeting and social cohesion, as tourist assets, etc. IDEA Consult offers policy makers the necessary support to facilitate the development of a fertile ecosystem that allows culture to grow in all its dimensions.
- The impact of online intermediaries on the distribution of copyright protected content in music, audiovisual and visual arts
- Evaluation of the public investment fund CultuurInvest and analysis of the evolving financing landscape for culture in Flanders
- European survey on access to finance in cultural and creative sectors
- Evaluation of the Flemish decree on ‘Integration of Art in public buildings’
- Strategic facilitation in the design of the Culture Counter and the Culture Bank