Senior Consultant on Innovation, Competitiveness & Sustainability
Will you be our new colleague?
- You have a University PhD Degree with a specialisation in economics or political sciences and genuine interest in (the impact) of new technologies. Alternatively, an equivalent engineering background with interest in the economics of innovation is equally appreciated.
- You have large experience in research in the areas of innovation, competitiveness and sustainability in the broad sense.
- You can communicate fluently in Dutch and in English or in French and in English, both in writing and in speaking. Good working knowledge of a third language is an asset (in priority FR or NL).
- You have strong presentation and communication skills.
- You are a team player, but you can equally work independently.
What you will do for us and our clients
You will be part of a team of around 15 researchers and experts (ICS team). You will support both our team and our clients through detailed research, evaluation and advice. The following tasks and responsibilities will be part of your work:
- You will lead research projects or lead large tasks of multi-partners, international projects.
- You will oversee sub-tasks carried out by junior colleagues, such as: literature reviews (policy statements and reports, scientific papers, empirical studies, …), harmonisation and treatment of data and information collected through both qualitative (interviews, surveys, …) and quantitative methods (using databases such as Eurostat, OECD, Belfirst-Orbis, or own survey results, Input-Output tables etc.), preparation of reports and the presentation of results etc.
- You will be key contributor to in all phases of a project: client contacts, proposal writing, project execution, reporting and presentation of results.
- You will be actively contributing to the strategy development and implementation of the company.
- You will organise and lead promotional activities and commercial contacts towards clients, with the aim to consolidate and expand current business lines, or develop new ones.
What we offer
- A challenging job in strategic and policy supporting projects.
- Contacts with a wide range of clients and partners, in private companies, research centres and governmental organisations at all levels (regional, national, European).
- On-the-job training and possibilities for external training.
- A competitive remuneration package and ‘extralegal’ benefits.
- Good career perspectives.
- A professional and pleasant working atmosphere within a team of enthusiastic and highly experienced colleagues.
Please send your application to IDEA Consult, Attn. Vincent Duchêne (Team Leader Innovation, Competitiveness & Sustainability) at email@example.com.