Junior consultant on Innovation, Competitiveness & Sustainability
Will you be our new colleague?
- You have a University Master's Degree with a specialisation in economics or political sciences and genuine interest in (the impact) of new technologies. Alternatively, an engineering background with interest in the economics of innovation is equally appreciated.
- You have some experience (1-2 years) in research, either as a consultant or as a researcher, preferably in the areas of innovation, competitiveness and sustainability in the broad sense.
- You have very good analytical skills and are methodologically rigorous. You have good skills in quantitative techniques and/or qualitative methods.
- You can communicate fluently in Dutch and in English or in French and in English, both in writing and in speaking. Good working knowledge of a third language is an asset (in priority FR or NL).
- You have strong presentation and communication skills.
- You are a team player, but you can equally work independently.
What you will do for us and our clients
You will be part of a team of around 15 researchers and experts. You will support both our team and our clients through detailed research, evaluation and advice. The following tasks and responsibilities will be part of your work:
- You will read and synthesize literature (policy statements and reports, scientific papers, empirical studies, …).
- You will harmonize and analyse data and information collected through both qualitative (interviews, surveys, …) and quantitative methods (using databases such as Eurostat, OECD, Belfirst-Orbis, or own survey results).
- You will help in the preparation of reports and presentation of results.
- You will be involved in all phases of a project: client contacts, proposal writing, project execution, reporting and presentation of results.
What we offer
- A challenging job in strategic and policy supporting projects.
- Contacts with a wide range of clients and partners, in private companies, research centres and governmental organisations at all levels (regional, national, European).
- On-the-job training and possibilities for external training.
- A competitive remuneration package and ‘extralegal’ benefits.
- Good career perspectives.
- A professional and pleasant working atmosphere within a team of enthusiastic and highly experienced colleagues.
Please send your application to IDEA Consult, Attn. Vincent Duchêne (Team Leader Innovation, Competitiveness & Sustainability) @ Jessie.firstname.lastname@example.org.