Consultant on Innovation, Competitiveness & Sustainability
Will you be our new colleague?
- You have a University Master's Degree with a specialisation in economics or political sciences and a genuine interest in (the drivers of) competitiveness and innovation. Alternatively, an engineering background with interest in innovation economics is equally appreciated. Holding a PhD in economics or political sciences is considered as an asset.
- You are interested in science and innovation, in new technologies and their economic deployment, in impact assessment and policy evaluation, in industrial competitiveness. You like to work with data and to provide evidence-based advice.
- You have experience in research, either as a consultant or as a researcher, preferably in the areas of innovation, competitiveness and sustainability in the broad sense.
- You have very good analytical skills and are methodologically rigorous. You have good skills in quantitative techniques and/or qualitative methods. Advanced working knowledge of excel and Stata is a strong asset.
- You can communicate fluently in English, Dutch and French (writing and speaking) and have strong reporting skills in those languages.
- You have strong presentation and communication skills.
- You are a team player, but you can equally work independently.
What you will do for us and our clients
You will be part of a team of 15 to 20 researchers and experts. You will support both our team and our clients through detailed research, evaluation and advice. The following tasks and responsibilities will be part of your work:
- You will read and synthesize literature (policy statements and reports, scientific papers, empirical studies, …).
- You will harmonize and analyse data and information collected through both qualitative (interviews, surveys, …) and quantitative methods (using official databases or own survey results).
- You will help in the preparation of reports and presentation of results.
- You will be involved in all phases of a project: client contacts, proposal writing, project execution, reporting and presentation of results.
- You will be responsible for parts of projects and, gradually, entire projects
What we offer
- A challenging job in strategic and policy supporting projects.
- Contacts with a wide range of clients and partners, including governmental organisations at all levels (regional, national, European), research centres and private companies.
- On-the-job training and possibilities for external training.
- A competitive remuneration package and ‘extralegal’ benefits.
- Good career perspectives.
- A professional and pleasant working atmosphere within a team of enthusiastic and highly experienced colleagues.
Please send your application to IDEA Consult, Attn. Vincent Duchêne (Team Leader Innovation, Competitiveness & Sustainability) to firstname.lastname@example.org